20 Mule Team Borax™ has been used safely by hundreds of people for over 127 years! While no one can say their product is 100% safe in all circumstances (even table salt can be deadly if you ingest too much), Borax is safe when used as directed.
Many people concerned about Borax have read misleading health articles online. Many of these sources confuse Borax with Boric Acid.
Whereas Borax is a dry powder-like substance used in household cleaning, boric acid is a weak acid used mostly as a pesticide. Boric acid is corrosive and not save.
Although safe when used as intended, Borax should not be used undiluted or in contact with the eyes or swallowed. If eye contact occurs or if inadvertently ingested, the eyes should be thoroughly rinsed and you should drink a glass of water, and call a physician. Do not induce vomiting, but be sure to rinse your mouth out. No long-lasting effects are expected, but it may cause irritation and upset stomach.
As with all laundry products, be sure to keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid contact with eyes. Rinse with water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, contact a physician.
- Do not take internally. If ingested rinse mouth with a large full glass of milk or water. Do not induce vomiting. Call a physician immediately.
- Be sure to keep out of reach of children and pets.
20 Mule Team Borax™ has remained a staple of many American homes as a laundry booster and stain fighter. Borax is safe when used as directed. Do not bathe in, apply to skin or ingest it. Borax is not intended for use as a personal care product or dietary supplement. Do not use outside the recommended uses as a laundry booster and multi-purpose cleaner.